Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Brief Tuesday Morning Update: A Few Thoughts on the Glorious Donald Trump Sideshow

1270 New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, D.C., 2:03PM Aug. 9, 2015.

This is an unusual "detached" house in the close-in "inner" part of D.C. -- near Washington Circle -- what with its  porches and balconies.

*******

Apologies for lack of a new entry last night.

I went to the gym and then I met up with Dave J. for a bit at Local 16 (a very nice place on a very slow Monday night), and by the time I got home (shortly before midnight), it was really too late to get an entry going.

Donald Trump at the Aug. 7, 2015 main Republican presidential primary debate in Cleveland, where Roger Ailes sent out Megyn Kelly, Chris Wallace, and Bret Baier to destroy Trump.

Three days and nights of non-stop hilarity has ensued in the aftermath, and Ron Fournier is very confused.

*******

I did try to write an entry -- and the topic was how very, very much I am enjoying the Donald Trump Razzle-Razzle Sideshow and its wrecking ball antics on the GOP Republican Presidential Primary season that was supposed to be a dark money-driven billionaire oligarchs' beauty contest run by the Koch Brothers, Sheldon Adelson, and others for the best corporate streetwalker with  fake overlay of the usual contrived nonsense to whip up into a frenzy the fundies and teabaggers.

It's glorious.

This Trump tweet about Frank Luntz should go be etched in a piece of marble placed on the cornerstone of the Republican National Committee's D.C. headquarters.

*******

Ha ha

(Sorry for the image of an embedded video. I just had to get the headline, though.)

*******

And the fact that he is at war with Fox News and the GOP establishment while the mainstream corporate media fails about, totally out of their usual soul-crushing binary red-blue meta-narrative in which the "establishment" GOP can peddle any kind of shit but it's fine because it's is part of "the game" we must play -- well, it's just a Godsend (at least for now).

And don't think for one nano-second Hillary doesn't know that.

Awesome.

As a "social democrat," I know I shouldn't like Hillary (and instead be gaga over Bernie), but I just can't help it. 

*******

Anyway, I don't have time to post anything this morning.

My work computer, amazingly, is working with quick internet speed, although I am bringing my small home laptop into the office so Andrea -- who gave it to me -- and can help me set up some things on it.

The weather is party cloudy with intermittent sunshine, warm, and quite humid (74F air temp over 71F dew point at KDCA at the 9AM hour). Yesterday's gloomy-gray weather with temps around 75F and scattered rain showers was a real August treat.

OK, that's all for now. I'll try to update this damn blog tonight.

--Regulus

No comments: