Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Another Lost Blog Entry -OR- A Middle of the Week, Middle of the Summer Nowhere

A view of the Daingerfield Island Washington Sailing Marina, Alexandria, Va., 5:51PM August 9, 2015.

*******

Another night, another failure to update the blog. My apologies. It was due to the usual reason (I went to a few places after work).

This morning, I am actually in a bit of a rush because I have to go into work at the Landover office to help with the final editing work on a major annual DOE report. I probably have to go to that office -- located in a strange, standalone skyscraper near the New Carrollton Metro in a sort of no man's land suburban purgatory of isolated office parks hemmed in by freeways on the eastern flank of the D.C. area -- tomorrow as well.

My plan is to go to the gym tonight as well, though I'm unsure what time I'll get back from Landover.

As it is, I'm extremely depleted on money this pay period (until next Friday) and my excessive going out / excessive expenditures of late now must come to a screeching halt, so that should give me a bit more time to blog.

The weather is the kind I hate: Wall-to-wall sunshine and highs in the low to mid 80s Fahrenheit and dew points around 62F for the next five days with no chance of rain or clouds. Of course, it could easily be in the 90s F this time of year, which would be even worse.

My Jersey shore summer trip to Wildwood is 17 days away. That's really the only time I want summery weather -- around 90F, sunny (with puffy cumulus clouds), and humid.

OK, that's all for now.

--Regulus

No comments: