Saturday, May 2, 2015

Jukebox Saturday Night Entry for May 2nd, 2015: The Clare, ShaShaty, and Mika Edition



"One More (Baby Be Good To Me)" by Clare Teal from her release Hey Ho (2011)

I totally love this piece. I heard it while having lunch on Wednesday at the Cheesecake Factory in Friendship Heights. As I wrote in this entry, I am chagrined that I had not heard of Clare Teal before I heard that song, but I will certainly be listening to more of her music now.

Above: The album cover of Hey Ho.

One note about this particular video -- it features Ms. Teal and her band performing at the end of ITV's long-running daytime television program This Morning on British television in 2011.

*******


"Dream Ride" by ShaShaty from his just-released album Brighter Day (2015)

This is a nice piece.

If you haven't heard of ShaShaty, he is a saxophonist and composer. I couldn't fine a Wikipedia page for him but the info on the Radiotunes.com "Smooth Jazz" station I often listen to at work through my ear buds gave his name as Joe Shashaty. His website -- linked above -- has "Dream Ride" embedded in the home page and it starts up as soon as you reach it. You can read a bit about the Brighter Day release here.

*******

And now for something more Saturday night upbeat ...


"Love Today" by MIKA from his release Life in Cartoon Motion (2007)

This is the "official" video to the song and in its frenetic, upbeat, Technicolor whirl filled with so many dancing characters centered on Mika, of course, it attains a Katy Perry-like level of enjoyable spectacle.

It seems fairly obvious to me that Mika -- or "MIKA" as he also is known, although in real life that would be British-Lebanese singer and songwriter Michael Holbrook Penniman, Jr. -- is more gay than bisexual, though I could be wrong.

*******

OK, that's all for now. I went to the gym, did my laundry, and now I'm meeting Roger at Trio, all as I planned.

--Regulus

No comments: