Saturday, October 18, 2014

Jukebox Saturday Night Entry for Oct. 18th, 2014: The Way You Are and Break My Stride Edition

In case I'm not home later, I am posting my Jukebox Saturday Night entry earlier in the afternoon (and just two songs this week) ...


"Just the Way You Are" performed by Diana Krall from her Live in Paris release (2002)

Diana Krall is just terrific. As for this song, it was, of course, originally written and performed by Billy Joel and appeared on his 1977 album The Stranger.

*******


"Break My Stride" by Matthew Wilder (performing live) from his album I Don't Speak the Language (1983)

I love the lyrics to this song ...

"Last night I had the strangest dream. / I sailed away to China / In a little rowboat to find ya, / And you said you had to get your laundry clean. / Didn't want no one to hold you. / What does that mean??"

And ...

"The road behind was rocky, / But now you're feelin' cocky. / You look at me and you see your past! / Is that the reason why you're runnin' so fast??"

Ha ha

--Regulus

No comments: