Thursday, August 21, 2014

Just 3 Years To Go -OR- A Total Mental Eclipse


Today is August 21, 2014. Just three years to go to the Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017 -- an event I have been aware of since 1979 when I was 9 years old and living in New Jersey and couldn't fathom it when I added up my age in the impossibly far off year of 2017: 47.

Path of the eclipse of August 21, 2017

Assuming I am around in 3 years and functioning, I intend to be on the coast of South Carolina in the path of totality.

*******

Today is also DD's birthday.

Sorry for a lack of update last night. I intend to post links / excerpts of some Jonathan Chait and Paul Krugman recent pieces that I really like along with political commentary that includes my favorite topic of late -- The Washington Consensus and its Very Special Legal Needs Man-Child, Benji Wittes. But all of that takes too long.

In addition, I have begun my very first edition -- Episode #1 -- of "The Wall-P & Me Chronicles"This pilot episode is titled "Wall-P & Me Open a Restaurant." It's divided into four acts plus intermission side/freak show featuring the Hysterical One. They are preliminarily entitled (subject to change):

Act 1: Money Grubbing & Walmart Supplying

Act 2: Let's Fail: Permitting, Licensing, & Health Inspections

Intermission: ROCK ON! The Hysterical One Shrieks a Visits

Act 3: Fury, Fighting, and Firing: Wall-P Loses Money

Act 4: Götterdämmerung: Twilight of a Member of the American Booboisie

As with most of these episodes, it concludes with the police arriving and a ghastly and horrible demise while Wall-P declares matter-of-factly: "Eh. Eh. Eheheh. IsWhatItIs."

Wall-P does so while checking its 26 personal electronic devices to see if a client call came in or some corporate-ass legal brief has been filed or its net worth increased in the last 15 minutes.

I haven't figured out how I come back to life, though, for each subsequent episode. Episode #2 may involve Wall-P, Nag 'Em the Concerned Cheesecake - Eating House Hippo, and GAY me trying to babysit sticky, poopy, little bald babies belonging to Wall-P's Staff-approved "friends," all married-with-children upper middleclass suburbanites. It is tentatively titled "To Catch an Idiot" -or- "FBI Field Day."

However, my scheduled Jersey shore trip is now just 1 day away. I'm looking forward to that. Except for the bathroom issues that define my morning world.

I'll try to update this blog tonight and/or before I leave.

--Regulus

No comments: