Monday, July 7, 2014

Starting -- and Trying to Get Through -- Another Week of This Summer and This Life

The Bethesda Trolley Trail in Bethesda, Md., 5:26PM July 6, 2014. This is the stretch that is a dedicated trail rather than just part of the sidewalk along Old Georgetown Road.

*******

OK, it's time to start week. Right now, I need to get to work. Mostly, I just need to get through this week. It will bring me one week closer to my planned Jersey Shore vacation in late August and one week closer to the end of the heat, humidity, brightness, and misery of summer.

The north-side entrance to the Dalecarlia Tunnel along the Capital Crescent Trail in Montgomery County (technically, this is Bethesda, I think), Md., 6:12PM July 6, 2014.

Yes, I posted a similar picture from my Thursday bike ride on this trail in a previous entry.

*******

My intention is to update this blog late tonight (by 2AM-ish) to post the pictures I took yesterday on what was in the end about a 15 mile bike ride from Grosvenor Park back to Dupont (OK, I technically live in Shaw) via Bethesda; our old friend, the Capital Crescent Trail; and Georgetown.

One of the fountains at the Washington Harbour, Georgetown, Washington, D.C., 7:03PM July 6, 2014.

*******

Of course, I know I said that about my set of pictures from my previous Sunday walk, which I've not posted yet (and might never post).

Regardless, I'll try to make my entry tonight and this week less bitter and vitriolic than recent ones.

--Regulus

No comments: