Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Green, Yellow, Red and Pink Lights in the City Night

Updated 11:45PM 1/25/2012: See bottom of entry.

A semi-blurry bevy of green traffic lights at the confusing intersection of Q St., 18th St., and New Hampshire Ave., NW, Washington, D.C., on a drizzly - damp "soft city" early night, 7:20PM, Jan. 23, 2012.

#######

I had intended a big update tonight but I got bogged down doing some work-related assignments (editing reports) and then I was distracted by watching Obama's State of the Union address. Overall, I thought it was a forceful speech of the sort he should have given three years ago, but better late than never unchallenged and unchecked GOP crazy.

I had intended to post those Patrick Smith pieces I have mentioned in my recent entries.However, at this point it is almost 10:30PM as I begin this entry and therefore it is must too late.

I've been quite busy at work the past two days.

Another even blurrier image of the same intersection, the traffic signals at red, yellow, and green, Washington, D.C., 7:21PM, Jan. 23, 2012.

#######

Just one tidbit ...

I saw one of the key members of the 17th Street gay mafia on Sunday night at Nellie's ...

No, not Oooza the Unloved Crow Creature.

Rather, the turkey vulture with the voice of a shrieking peacock was there and had the goddamn nerve to say hello me me.

Here he is, the gay turkey vulture, or in similar manner to "Son of Sam," "Son of Oooza," a.k.a. "Little P'Oooza."

Go away, you vicious gay turkey vulture. Fly back to your 17th Street gay rookery with your crow and duck business associates, the Capo(regime) and the Consigliere, respectively.

"Quere quare my quips?? Quack! Quack!"

#######

Looking up into the night sky ... 

The night sky centered on Orion (the Hunter) and its nearby constellations including Canis Major (Big Dog), Canis Minor (Little Dog), Monoceros (the Unicorn), Gemini (the Twins), (two-headed) Hydra (Sea Serpent), Cancer (the Crab), and Leo (the Lion), as seen over Teide National Park on Tenerife in the Canary Islands. This was the Jan. 23, 2012 APOD (scroll cursor over the image for labels).

Click for a larger, legible version. You can see these constellations sketched in and some of the larger stars -- Betelgeuse, Rigel, Sirius, Procyon, Castor, Pollux, and, yes, Regulus -- labeled. 

#######

OK, that's all for now. I am going to try to update this blog tomorrow night.

Updated 11:45PM 1/25/2012: I had planned to post a new entry tonight, but I simply didn't get a chance. 

I've been watching some very funny Frasier episode reruns on TV Land tonight. The show's 1996 season was its sustained best. Kristof and I were texting each other about it through multiple episodes, especially "The Impossible Dream."

OK, that really is all for now. 

My next planned update will be on Friday night or Saturday as I am not planning on bringing my lap top home tomorrow night but have other after work plans.

--Regulus

No comments: