Saturday, January 14, 2012

(Gay Ex-) Boy(friend)s Gone Wild -OR- This must be why I'm having recurring dreams about him

**Updated 4:40PM 5/30/2014: Substantial content from this entry has been removed and changed, so much so that the original blog title is not really applicable any longer. However, it is better that I changed it.**

Who is ready for their close-up?

Not she.

But perhaps we can listen to the theme song of the movie, the great "Tubular Bells".

#######

Or, alternatively, there is Carol Burnett as Nora Desmond classic, itself a parody of Norma Desmond ...


"Hello, who are you?? Hello, who am I??"

"You are the great Nora Desmond!"*

[SMACK!]"MAX!"

*This was as pun, of course, on the name Norma Desmond. See here.

(Back in Spring 1981 one weekend in Texas, my mother got this line stuck in her head and must have said it about 500 times. She wouldn't remember that, but I do.)

#######

Was Toni Basil on valium in this video??


#######

Below are a couple of fun pictures. Here's one ...


And here is the other ...

I guess this is a sort of Staten Island -- or at least northern New Jersey -- version of "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert."

#######

OK, that's all for now. My next planned update will be soon.

--Regulus

No comments: