Tuesday, October 11, 2011

South Florida Tropical Daze -OR- Returning Home to D.C.

The delightful and wonderful view from room 421 of the Wyndham Hotel in Deerfield Beach, Fla., 5:10PM, Oct. 11, 2011,

#######

Hello, all ...

I am here in Deerfield Beach, Fla., at the end of a splendid vacation. 

Tomorrow, I  leave to head back to Washington, D.C. (DCA), via Spirit Airlines (and its money grab) from Fort Lauderdale (FLL).

I have a window seat on the LEFT side of the jet -- in case we do a down river approach, except I don't think that is how it will be.

I have, like, a TON of pics to post. I shall try to update this entry late tomorrow (Wednesday) or Thursday.

Of note, HERE is a picture of that lavender beach-facing condos (well, I guess it's really pastel pink, and it is actually one of three with THE one in question that I've mentioned before being on the right side) that is visible along the shore in the Town of Hillsboro Beach, Fla., 1:45PM, Oct. 10, 2011.

#######

It was a very nice vacation ... except for the fact that I am as fat as -- and look like -- a dugong ...

Here is a picture of Yours Truly. F.U. - M.W.H.

######

Updated 7:30AM 10/12/2011: Here is a sunrise picture I took a short while ago.

Sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean as seen from the open window of room 421, the Wyndham Hotel, Deerfield Beach, Fla., 7:19AM, Oct. 12, 2011.

Now it is time to return home to D.C. and my world.

--Regulus

No comments: