Monday, August 8, 2011

An Unlikely Musical Interlude -OR- Short that Stock?


YouTube clip of Let It Rock by Kevin Rudolf featuring Lil Wayne

#######

I can't explain why this song was stuck in my head all day. It's so not my type of music. But I heard it last night at Larry's Lounge and looked up the song and its lyrics -- which, it turns out, are partly very profound and (of course) partly vulgar.

There is something for me positively and inexplicably captivating about this video -- and not just Lil Wayne's brilliant / hip hop demonic performance.

BTW, Lil Wayne is (intentionally) wearing a shirt with a picture of Alfonso Ribeiro's character Carlton Banks from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

#######

Let It Rock
(feat. Lil Wayne)


I see your dirty face
High behind your collar
What is done in vain
Truth is hard to swallow
So you pray to God
To justify the way you live a lie
Live a lie
Live a lie

And you take your time
And you do your crime
Well you made your bed
I'm in mine

[Chorus]

Because when I arrive
I, I'll bring the fire
Make you come alive
I can take you higher
What this is, forgot?
I must now remind you
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock

[Kevin Rudolf]

Now the son's disgraced
He, who knew his father
When he cursed his name
Turned, and chased the dollar
But it broke his heart
So he stuck his middle finger
To the world
To the world
To the world


And you take your time
And you stand in line
Well you'll get what's yours
I got mine

[Chorus]

Pretty.

[Lil Wayne]

Yeah!
Wayne's world
Planet Rock
Panties drop
And the tops
And she gonna rock 'til the camera stop
And I sing about angels like Angela (rock)
And Pamela (rock)
And Samantha (rock)
And Amanda (rock)
And Tamara (rock)
"Ménage à trois"
I'm in here like bitch what's up
Mechanic, me, I can fix you up
I can d/ck you up
I can d/ck you down
Shorty we can go wherever just pick a town
And the jewelry is louder than an engine sound
Big ass rocks like off the ground
Dirty like socks that's on the ground
Weezy

[Chorus x2]

Just Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock
Let It Rock...
Let It Rock...

[Lil Wayne]

I'm back like I forgot somethin
I'm somethin
Ruling Rock rubbin' rap running'
Miles like I'm trying to get a flat stomach
Like Wayne the personal trainer
My aim is perfect I'll bang ya
Period, like the reminder

[Kevin Rudolf]

I wish I could be
As cruel as you
And I wish I could say
The things you do
But I can't and I won't live a lie
No, not this time.

Intense.

#######

A few other tidbits ...

It ACTUALLY THUNDERSTORMED at Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) yesterday (Sunday) -- that is, a t-storm DIDN'T miss the airport and it dropped 0.67" precip. Please see previous entry for why that's relevant (at least to me).

Cumulonimbus / thunderstorm clouds just south of downtown / "midtown" Washington, D.C., in a torridly humid, overheated day, 4:32PM, Aug. 7, 2011.

Quill and I were walking through Adams Morgan to Connecticut Avenue. That storm was over DCA and was quite a noisy one.

#######

I had a pleasant dinner at home with Jamie tonight. He came over and cooked the pork chops I bought. And now I'm watching The Golden Girls after Frasier.

Please read this New York Times Sunday piece "What Happened to Obama?" by Drew Westen about President Obama's fundamental political failure in his refusal to stand any moral stand on the sky-trillion dollar wrong doing that wrecked the economy.


As for today's 5 to 7 percent / 600 Dow points stock market plunge after the S&P credit downgrade of the U.S., as Paul Krugman pointed out, Treasury bond prices SURGED and interest rates plunged (hurtling toward zero and probably soon negative). This is NOT what you would expect in a credit downgrade.

Oh, and read this piece "Hillary Told You So" piece that originally appeared on the Daily Beast website. It says about how I feel.

Lush and leafy greenery as seen at tree top level from the Taft Connecticut Avenue Bridge, Washington, D.C., 7:06PM, Aug. 6, 2011. I was walking with Chris T. on my way to see K.

#######

Anyway, that's all for now. My next planned update will be mid-to-late week.

--Regulus

No comments: