Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Local and Distant Mile Markers

**Updated 10:35PM 6/24/2014: See below.**

Downstairs bar at Local 16 at gentle early evening (just after happy hour), Washington, D.C., 8:04PM, July 27, 2011.

This place is located catty-(not caddy)corner to where I live at 16th, U and New Hampshire Avenue, but I rarely go there because it is (1) straight and (2) typically very crowded.

#######

Ugh ... Not feeling that well tonight...

I went to Local 16 for a happy hour with Kristof -- and it turned out to be quite pleasant, in part because of the wonderful light jazz music played that is not the establishment's normal musical fare and because of the lovely interior that was thinly crowded.

I had to conceal where we were going to get Kristof to go.

Entrance staff at Local 16, Washington, D.C., 7:51PM, July 27, 2011.

#######

**Updated 10:35PM 6/24/2014: Substantial content removed.**

Mid-level wave-like and high cirrus clouds over Washington, D.C., as seen behind the weird trellis-like structure above the Solo Hippo Piazza near Logan Circle, 5:28PM, July 27, 2011.

I walked near that building today because I left work a bit early today and headed over to Club Nine with a co-worker friend for a drink. We walked there from Mt. Vernon Square Metro.


**Updated 10:35PM 6/24/2014: Content removed.**

Speaking of the Florida Keys, here a lady fishing off an unused portion of Rt. 1 near Mile Mark 62 near Little Conch Key, Aug. 1, 2009.

I've always loved this picture, even though I'd be bored out of my mind (and avoiding the intense South Florida summertime sunlight) if I were there.

Speaking of Florida, I'm supposed to go down there for a week in October -- both Flagler Beach and Deerfield Beach.

#######

Oh, yes, this shitty computer is still working (no crashes for two days now) but the screen is all messed up. The main reason I have a home computer is for blogging purposes.

Speaking of which, my Regulus blog reached the 7,777th hit for the month of July (although StatCounter misses some hits) a short while ago (11:38PM).

OK, that really is all. I'm not feeling well.

G'night, all.

--Regulus

No comments: