Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Suddenly Summer and Suddenly More Computer Crashing Crap

Rugged beauty on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean.

#######

Today is the first day of Northern Hemisphere summer.

I had planned a full new update but my shitty home computer is again starting with the repeated crashes / blue screen of death, which means the new hard drive is crapping out.

I'm not sure if it is a function of dust and heat or this is just a bad computer. My TV and cable box don't seem to have that problem.

I AM going to see if I can get a computer from work to use at home. If not, I'll purchase the cheapest one I can find. I'm so sick of this endless frickin' aggravation.

Anyway, in the meantime I am moving as many files as possible to the half dozen or so flash drives I have.

I WAS going to post extended excerpts of the most recent Michael Lind piece Why the GOP Should Nominate Barack Obama in 2012 but instead will just post the link. I highly suggest reading it.

Total lunar eclipse in progress as seen above Granada, Spain on June 15, 2011. This is today's APOD.

#######

Yes, I've been adding to this entry gradually tonight waiting for the next crash (so far, none). Sigh. I'm not sure when my next update will be.

--Regulus

No comments: