Saturday, June 25, 2011

Saturday Night Musical Interlude: "Birds Fly (Whisper to a Scream)"

A sequence of images showing the full lunar eclipse above The Acropolis in Athens on June 15, 2011. This was today's APOD.

#######

'Cuz it was in my head ...



Birds Fly (Whisper to a Scream)

Lyrics by Ian McNabb
Performed by The Icicle Works


"Love comes down upon us and it flows like water
Burning with the hope of insight
Feathered, looks they’re covered with a bright elation
Stolen in the sight of love


We are we are we are but your children
Finding our way around indecision
We are we are we are rather helpless
Changes forever
Whisper to a scream!

Birds fly in the eye of the faithless daughter
Broken at the bitter end
Wasted sacrifice for the new nirvana
Night time sends us on our way

(2x:)

We are we are we are but your children
Finding our way around indecision
We are we are we are rather helpless
Changes forever
Whisper to a scream!"

#######

A lovely summertime blue sky fleeced with fair weather cumulus clouds above Washington, D.C., as seen from L'Enfant Plaza yesterday, 2:10PM, June 24, 2011.

I was on a late lunch break when I took that picture. Yes, it was a pretty day, but it's too damn dry this summer. We need some rain.

#######

Today I was home all day just working on the Orem City report I mentioned in my previous entry. I did so while watching reruns of The Golden Girls and Frasier on Hallmark Channel.

Tonight I plan to go to Larry's Lounge and Nellie's (last night I only made it to LL and then promptly fell asleep when I stopped home before my planned trek over to Nellie's). Tomorrow, I plan to actually leave the apartment and get outside during the day.


--Regulus

No comments: