Friday, June 17, 2011

Good Morning -OR- A Friday in June

**Updated 1:35AM 6/19/2014: See below.**

Benjamin Banneker Park's central fountain at the end of L'Enfant Promenade down near where I work. This is a strange and forlorn part of Southwest Washington, D.C., in an area hemmed in / spliced apart by I-395 and near the Potomac. And the water in the fountain was green disgusting. But the fountain itself looks pretty.

#######

Hi everybody

This is just a very brief Friday morning update. I probably won't be able to post a full update until Monday evening, unless, of course, my computer decides to crash / otherwise crap out. It wants to "update" -- but that's just a corporate American / GOP scam to destroy it.

We had drenching thunderstorms across the area last night including here in the Dupont gayborhood. DCA officially had 0.78" while BWI had 1.67", including 1.33" during one hour (reported at 1AM). IAD had 0.34" plus an additional 0.23" earlier in the evening.

DCA still has not had a 1.00" or more of precipitation in a calendar day since March 10, 2011. And we are still below for the year -- DCA in particular. We may get a few more thunderstorms today and tonight.

I will post a full update of numbers on Monday evening.

Nighttime city electric downpour as seen from the corner of 16th and U Streets and New Hampshire Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C., 11:23PM, June 16, 2011 as I was walking home. I could only hold my cellphone in the deluge of rain for a few seconds to take the picture lest the phone be damaged by the water.

#######

My week has been a mixed one after its nightmare start (see previous entry). I'm still not talking to Kristof, and at this point, it does not look like I will be. I went to LL last night and saw him there but he made no attempt to talk to me (other than a perfunctory wave across the bar). Ditto Jamie. And I've been having bad headaches all week -- migraines, in fact.

Cloudy, threatening skies as seen above the Smithsonian Castle across Independence Avenue "under" the DOE Forrestal Building, 6:04PM, June 14, 2011. This was on Tuesday, when I walked home from work.

#######

The thunderstorm last night started in earnest and then there was a true deluge. I only had one drink since I was already full and tired, having eaten dinner and earlier in the evening going to Club Nine (the old Halo) after getting off the Metro at Metro Center rather than Dupont or U Street.

The Enid Haupt Garden on the grounds of the Smithsonian Institute, Washington, D.C., 6:06PM, June 14, 2011.

#######

I walked home in the deluge around 1115PM and watching reruns of Frasier and the start of an episode of The Golden Girls before going to bed around 1230AM.

As for LL, the music was loud and I for some reason I started being laughed at by two gay guys at a table of four typically hateful, vicious, empty D.C. homos. I went up to them and asked WTF they were laughing at and they denied they were laughing at me. I had seen the one before but I'm not sure in what context.

My work week has been fine but I'm deeply unhappy and depressed, as usual.

#######

**Updated 1:35AM 6/19/2014: Content removed.**

#######

The building at 1717 15th Street, NW, Washington, D.C., with the cross atop it, at cloudy-gloomy dusk, 8:33PM, June 16, 2011.

#######

Anyway, I THINK I'm going to that ragtime festival with Gary tomorrow up in Rockhill Furnace, Pa., after staying tonight at Mark D's place -- he owns a sprawling 200+ acre estate on the MD-PA line in the Catoctin Mountains near Camp David. However, part of me does not want to go because I'm just really tired and want to rest this weekend, not to mention do my usual routine, as unhappy as it is. In point of fact, we are supposed to be back by tomorrow night so it's not like a particularly long trip.

I'm not sure.

#######

A sand dune at the start of the expansive beach, Wildwood Crest, N.J., 4:17PM, August 18, 2009.

#######

Speaking of summer trips, I so want to visit the New Jersey shore -- Wildwood or Cape May, or even better, my old Sea Bright summertime childhood / teenage abode. But I'm not sure how to get up there (remember I have no transportation other than public or depending on other people). How sad is that.

The gentle summertime surf of the Atlantic Ocean of the Jersey shore, Wildwood Crest, N.J., 3:21PM, Aug. 18, 2009.

#######

Again, my computer is dying to "update" this morning ...

**Updated 1:35AM 6/19/2014: Content removed.**

OK, this entry isn't going to turn into THAT kind of one. It's already gone on longer than I anticipated, and I have to get ready for work. It's already 840AM.

Again, my next planned update will be Monday night.

Good morning.

--Regulus

No comments: