Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Entry #499 -OR- Approaching Singularity*

**Second update 12:16AM 6/25/2014: See below.**

Updated 1:30AM 5/27/2011: See below.

#######

Entry #499.

*The Approaching Singularity reference (to me) refers to a "poem" that appeared in the 1986 sci-fi / post-apocalyptic book Nature's End by Whitley Strieber and James Kunetka (co-authors of another post-apocalyptic book Warday) -- a book that affected me profoundly when I read it at age 16.

And here is that fictitious but profound poem:

"From one dusty shadow to another:
why are you shining this light on me?

I could say, I am afraid not to,
or, I love you,
or, it's the night.

But this is the truth:
I have no reasons.
I only have the light."

-- Tom Ottinger, Approaching Singularity, 2023

#######

I had intended a fuller update tonight, including info on the Joplin, Mo., and Oklahoma tornadoes, but at this point, I don't think this is possible.


I was at Larry's Lounge tonight, where I watched the season finale of Glee -- and what a show it was. So 1930's and 1940's in a 2010's context -- I loved it.

And there was such an incredibly hot guy there -- of the sort I totally fall for with the nice muscular, smooth, broad-shouldered and hairless bod while wearing blue polo shirt, about 6' 2" in height, nice face in that is sort of a nerd and stud combo, beautiful legs and big calves, and such beautiful size 12 to 14 feet (he was wearing shorts and sandals).

So pretty.

But, alas, he was so damn gay and bitchy when he opened his mouth. And there were two guys with him (i.e. he wasn't by himself). Besides, it has been 6-1/2 years since I hooked up with a guy -- plus the fact I'm an old, fat fuck, the Pillsbury Dough Boy of a human these days.

Anyway, I'm home now watching the last episode of Frasier followed by The Golden Girls ...

Tomorrow, I'm going to the neurology clinic at Georgetown Hospital as part of my sleep clinic visit recommended by my PCP.

I'm taking half a day off tomorrow.


There is a potentially BIG problem at work -- a potential 2-1/2 month furlough this summer due to an ugly complication at the Federal agency for which I work as a contractor.

**Updated 12:16AM 6/25/2014: Content removed.**


**Updated 12:16AM 6/25/2014: Content removed.**

Anyway, that's all for now. I'm going to bed.

#######

Oh, wait ...


Glenn Miller and his orchestra and "In the Mood"

Yay!

#######

G'night, Hippo.

--Regulus

**Updated 12:16AM 6/25/2014: Content in the form of a post-script update removed.**

No comments: