Thursday, May 11, 2017

Coming in from a Rainy Thursday on the Avenue, This Blog Post Softly Talking to You ...**

**See bottom of entry.

The sunken, ivy-covered entrance of 2327 N Street NW (Georgetown), Washington, D.C., 7:40PM May 7, 2017.

*******

This is just a genuinely very quick posting if only to change the lead entry, since I'd prefer not to have the previous one as the lead entry for too long.

As it is, that issue continues to roil the political and media establishment and could be the start of the end of the nascent Trump oligarchy -- or not. Things may have to wait until a possible (although not necessarily probable) Democratic mid-term wave election in 2018 since the GOP is far too loony outraged at its base (run by the Fox News and talk radio electorate), libertarian-zealot radical in its "agenda," and cowardly-feckless in its establishment leadership to take on Trump.

A large tree with branches overhanging the elevated walkway at Rose Park Recreation Center above Rock Creek Parkway, Washington, D.C., 7:44PM May 7, 2017.

*******

Anyway, today is a cool and rainy May day with temp. only around 55F here in the D.C. area. It is actually the start of a forecasted three-day rainy spell -- with which I'm totally fine.

NWS icon forecast for Washington, D.C., May 11 - 13, 2017.

*******

Last night was a going out night with my friend Kevin (to Cure in the Grand Hyatt and then Capitol Brewing Company in downtown D.C., and then by myself at Trade. Once again, I way, way overspent my budget.

This has been a particularly bad pay period for that. I get paid tomorrow. Oh, and soon my student loan payments will kick in (about 20 years late ...), and I'll have to adjust even more (although the monthly payment of $427.62 under the REPAYE option for the first year isn't so bad).

Evening cloudy sky over Georgetown, Washington, D.C., 7:51PM May 7, 2017.

*******

Tonight is a gym night and I plan to post an entry thereafter, although it might not be too lengthy. Tomorrow, I am visiting my mom in Glen Burnie for the Mother's Day weekend.

**OK, that's all for now. I need to get to work -- heading out on "the rainy Thursday on the avenue ..., though I heard you talking softly..."(with apologies to Duran Duran and, in my view, the better version by Naimee Coleman).

--Regulus

No comments: