Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Another 3AM Truncated Posting: The Blog Entry Consignment Shop -- Trump Voters, Now Cheap

**This entry was posted May 2nd, 2017.**

Potomac downriver view from the bar atop the Watergate Hotel, Washington, D.C., 5:45PM April 30, 2017.

I'll have more to say about this bar -- called Top of the Gate -- located on the rooftop of the Watergate Hotel building in the larger Watergate Complex -- in a subsequent entry.

*******

Following my workday and gym night, I tried to compose a general-themed entry at these late (middle-of-the-night) hours with pictures from my Sunday walkabout and stop at the (relatively) new rooftop bar atop the Watergate Hotel (see lead image above). However, I got too bogged down a weather-specific entry -- in particular, all the warm and humid records set in April -- and it took a while for me to send all 28 pictures I posted to Yahoo email.

An azalea bush in the 1700 block of N Street NW, Washington, D.C., 3:56PM April 30, 2017.

*******

Instead, I've just been watching my usual late night trio of old, enjoyable sitcom reruns (in a pair of episodes of each): Wings, Becker, and Newhart. That entry is in draft form (I'll try to post it later today.)

Intersection of New Hampshire Ave and N Street NW, Washington, D.C., 4:04PM April 30, 2017.

I thought the row houses in this picture (2000 block of N Street NW) was the exterior of that weird Mansion on O Street hotel, but as the name of the hotel implies, it is on O Street one block over.

*******

My intention is to post an entry tomorrow (later today). In the meantime, here are worthwhile reads:



On the Power of Being Awful by Paul Krugman.

Re. this Krugman piece, I'm personally doubtful that the hardcore Trumpizoidal fanatics will ever have a "Katrina moment." (The GOP establishment and the deep-pocketed corporate and libertarian oligarchs behind it might bail on him, eventually, if he becomes too big a liability.)


You know, screw these Trump-crazed voters. You have to be nuts -- as in, detached from this reality -- to think that this man leading them -- the present day world's biggest and most ridiculous grifter and huckster -- is going to "save" you and your mythical Happy Days / Father Knows Best world of 1955. I can't pretend to be "balanced" with a phony-baloney "objectivity" in these grave matters.

But I'll save this topic for another entry -- it's not like there won't be ample opportunity to discuss it. OK, G'night.

--Regulus

No comments: