Saturday, April 1, 2017

Jukebox Saturday Night for April 1st, 2017: No Foolin', Just Testifyin' and Believin' Edition

First up, a nice smooth jazz instrumental piece ...


"European Comfort" by Gota Yashiki from his album It's So Different Here (1997)

Note: I found two different release dates for this album -- 1993 and 1997, but I'm going with the latter based upon his Wikipedia article and Amazon page for the album.

*******

Blog note for Jukebox Saturday Night entries:

So YouTube appears to have changed the procedure and code for embedding videos. Indeed, I had two different options -- depending on whether I used Edge or Chrome.

In the case of Chrome, the width and height are no longer adjustable in that changing the two doesn't result in any change in the presentation. Instead, there is new HTML code that shows the whole thing as it should appear, except it extends farther to the left.


"Eastbound 101" by Fourplay from the quartet's self-titled debut album (1991)

This video features some nice still images. I last featured Fourplay in this Jukebox Saturday Night edition. (Wall-P hasn't had the video removed just yet).

*******

Regarding the formatting issue, I've used both formats in this edition of Jukebox Saturday Night -- the HTML code shown in Edge for the Yashiki and Fourplay videos above and the HTML code shown in Chrome for the song below. if it turns out to be a problem, I'll just revert back to the Edge version.

And that is a great segue to my third and final song for this JSN edition ...

It is a wonderful song and video that I just discovered (after hearing it at Trade last night and texting some of the lyrics to myself -- which is the only way I can remember to look it up).

"Testify" by Hifi Sean featuring Crystal Waters from Sean's album Ft. (2016)

This is an amazing song with awesome lyrics and perfectly matched video -- featuring old home movie clips of river baptisms and people dancing at family parties in basement rec rooms circa mid-20th Century.

Excerpted lyrics:

Tell me what you mean by
Lovin' me, oh higher
And show me what those things are
You wanna give me what you got, I must confess I got my dreams, I got my demons
Somethin' to believe in


Careful how you lead me
Oh, you know I’m just a lonely soul sister
Searchin' for it mister
I got my role, my robes


Now take me to your river
And lay me in your water
And preach to me
Tell me why I need your love, why I got to have your love
Testify your love


Now take me to your river
And lay me in your water
And preach to me
Tell me why I need your love, why I got to have your love
Testify your love
Make me a believer


Tell me what you mean by
I ain't livin' right yet
And tell me 'gain when you wanna
You want, I'll take on this thing
I got two fists, I got my dreams,
I got my demons, something to believe in


Careful how you treat me
Oh, you know I'm just a lonely soul sister
Searchin' for it, mister
I got my role, my robes


Now take me to your river
And lay me in your water
And preach to me
Tell me why I need your love, why I got to have your love
Testify your love


Now take me to your river
And lay me in your water
And preach to me
Tell me why I need your love, why I got to have your love
Testify your love
Make me a believer ...

******

OK, that's all for now. Please see my previous entry for an update.

--Regulus

No comments: