Friday, April 14, 2017

Good Friday 2017 and a Not-So-Paschal Posterial Mystery; Blogging Remains a Pain in the Same ...

One of the large, stately row houses in the 1500 block of 16th Street NW, Washington, D.C., 7:25PM April 12, 2017.

8:45PM 4/16/2017: Caption and file name corrected to 1500 block of 16th Street NW, not the 1600 block of 16th Street NW, Washington, D.C.

*******
*******

Apologies for no entry last night and a greatly truncated one tonight -- it's the same problem of not having enough time and then it's too late when I finally try to do it. Even trying to write this entry tonight, I got bogged down in a political-themed entry that went on too long and that I simply could not finish before some ungodly hour (and I do have to go to work tomorrow).

As it is, this goddamn entry isn't getting posted until nearly exactly 3AM.

Phlox growing along the sidewalk along 16th Street NW, Washington, D.C., 7:16PM April 12, 2017.

*******

Suffice it to say, I'm home after a gym night. I made dinner -- chicken Rice-a-Roni and steamed broccoli. I'm watching TV -- my nightly reruns on Antenna TV of Wings, Becker, and Newhart. (Becker is a excellent show and Newhart is pretty funny.)

Last night, I left work and made it to the Hair Cuttery to get my monthly shearing. At this point, I am considering just buying a pair of shears with a #2 head to give myself my usual monthly haircut in lieu of spending $30 every time.

House of the Temple, headquarters of the Supreme Council, 33°, Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, Southern Jurisdiction, USA, Washington, D.C., 7:18PM April 12, 2017

*******

Anyway, I came home before going back out to Trade where I met Mark. We had dinner later at Annie's (the salmon salad is very good; the air inside smells heavily of steaks slathered in something heavy). Fred joined us there and then I walked home with him (he lives in the building next to mine). I sometimes like Mark except he is also very tiresome. (We met back in Jan. 1995 as a hookup and have had a weird relationship stretching back since then -- though with very distinct periods that have morphed over time to something that is about as close to friendship as ever in the mid-to-late '10s.)

The house at 1639 16th Street NW, Washington, D.C., 7:21PM April 12, 2017.

This corner house -- at the corner of 16th and R Street NW -- is my favorite along 16th Street in the Dupont area. In particular, I really like the turret visible in the picture. Like every stately row house along this part of 16th Street, I've never been in any of them (well, except for one once long, long ago in my early days in D.C.).

*******

It's a quiet, flat sort of night weather-wise with temps around 54F at the 3AM hour here in D.C.. It has been too goddamn hot this past week, although today (Thursday) was more pleasant -- highs around 70F. This followed temps in the mid-80s Fahrenheit couple days ago. It is also getting dry again -- indeed, my hope that the drought was ending appears to have been misplaced / premature.

Two ladies on the Metro Green Line, Washington, D.C., 12:07PM April 13, 2017.

It was the birthday of the young lady holding the balloons.

*******

So that's all for now. I am visiting my mom in Glen Burnie this weekend -- taking the MARC train up to Anne Arundel County tomorrow (Friday) and returning on Sunday. I'm traveling next week -- Monday - Wednesday -- to a workshop in Durham. Yes, Durham, as in Raleigh-Durham.

I guess that's all for now.

Street scene, 3200 block M Street NW, Georgetown, Washington, D.C., 6:30PM April 9, 2017.

I had just come from having dinner at the bar at Clyde's.

*******

Oh, I do have an issue that is probably going to require me to go to the doctor after I return from Raleigh-Durham to undergo something I really don't want to do, but I might not have a choice. It's the kind of thing that a spouse -- or would-be spouse such as my BETROTHED BIG Y'EYEMAH -- LOVES, in particular, a female spouse once the couple is over 45 or thereabouts.

Fountain at Washington Harbour, Georgetown, Washington, D.C., 6:54PM April 9, 2017.

This is a wintertime ice skating rink (unless it is so obscenely warm -- as it usually is -- that it is impossible to keep it iced over even with all the machinery used). Oh, and yes, that's the ever-taller skyline of Rosslyn in the nearby distance.

*******

Indeed, there's NOTHING that a suburban American wife likes more than getting her buccal-pumping frog of a husband to the doctor for that procedure.

In my case, married to frickin' BIG Y'EYEMAH, I'd be in the recovery room, face down and severely groggy on the gurney, exposed ass up in the air -- breaking wind and leaking whatnot -- while the doctor checks his stock holdings, the nurses are busy taking selfies, and the office business manager is on the phone with your insurance company following a claim denial.

Fuck that.

OTOH, it could be hemorrhoids or just extra sensitivity.

Speaking of BIG Y'EYEMAH, I'm going to try to post a BIG Y'EYEMAH Friday Night Creature Feature edition tomorrow (well, later today).

I still need to post the other edition ...

"Corn-cheese and Commercial Space Flight" although tomorrow's might be "BIG Y'EYEMAH's Weekend Paschal Mystery: She Consumes the Host Plus Many Easter Eggs and the Wind is Risen. Amen."

Oh, and I wanted to write something about shitty Wall-P -- that ultimate self-unaware tool of reactionary corporate overclass intrigue -- and his power-fawning, money-grubbing, and titillation with the "gig" economy.

"Eh. Eh. Eheheheheheh. The gig economy allows individuals to come together with perfectly equal market power and a perfect price point, and thus it represents the most efficient and therefore optimal allocation of resources between -- "

Ohhhh, shut-up, Wall-P, you clueless and classless, not to mention vulgar and amoral stooge-bot.

OK, that really is all for now. Good Friday to all.

--Regulus

No comments: