Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Night Shtick, Would-Be Weekend Walrus

**This entry was posted April 28th, 2017.**

A walrus.

I remember years -- decades -- ago when I worked at age 16 as a busboy at a Longhorn Steak & Seafood in Glen Burnie, Md., and one of the young waiters -- talking to someone else about how he felt seeing a thin man next to his huge, fat wife eating at the restaurant -- said, "I hate seeing a stick next to a walrus."

*******

Friday evening. (Alas, and speaking of walruses, this entry is not a BIG Y'EYEMAH's Friday Night Creature Feature edition ...)

This is just a quick update ahead of the main entry that I want to post.

For tonight, I want to trek to the Columbia Heights Target this evening to see if I can find a hair clipper (with no. 2 razor). Given this is the only haircut I get now, I might as well start doing it myself. Thereafter, I need to get dinner and I guess I'll go to Trade.

Last night, I went to the restaurant Lincoln and had what turned out to be quite a nice dinner at the bar. I stopped at Trade for a bit but headed home and watched TV and composed the entry I am about to post (although I had to defer all the formatting as it was so late by the time I finished drafting it).


For this weekend, and at the risk of becoming fat like a walrus, I'm considering just taking off Saturday from the gym and having two free days to myself. I'm kind of tired of the gym and feeling a bit unmotivated and worn out. However, I am not going down to the climate rally tomorrow on the Mall because, among other reasons, it will be too goddamn hot (near 90F and humid).

This means my usual Saturday night blogging might be altered or curtailed.

Oh, yes, we got a 1-week CR extension that allows me to continue to come to work. What a normal and healthy way to run a national government and society. Tomorrow, by the way, is Trump's 100 days. I'm not even going to try to post commentary now, although I do like this cartoon that is in the WaHoPo:

A larger version and number key are here.

Oh, and this Jonathan Chait piece is worth a read: The Specter of Illegitimacy Haunts Trump's First 100 Days.

*******

OK, that's all for now. Next entry to follow ...

--Regulus

No comments: