Thursday, April 20, 2017

Back In Home-Not-So-Sweet Washington, D.C.; A Couple "Sweet" Caroline Street Pics*

*With apologies, of course, to Neil Diamond.

The row house at 1522 Caroline St NW, Washington, D.C., 6:11PM April 19, 2017.

Caroline Street is one of the side streets that runs between the east-west alphabetized streets (specifically, T and U Streets) for a short distance (between 15th and 16th Streets).

*******

Apologies for lack of entry last night.

Following my return from Raleigh-Durham yesterday afternoon, my plan was to go to the gym and then write a late night entry while watching my late night line up of old sitcoms on Antenna TV.

However, instead I met Andrea and (after she had gone home) stayed out too late and it wasn't a good night in the end. For some reason, I had some words with somebody at Trade. Not sure why. Just the usual stuff. Not even worth mentioning.

National Mall and downtown Washington, D.C., as seen on final downriver approach into Reagan Washington National Airport, 3:47PM April 19, 2017.

*******

I will say, though, that 25 years and counting, I could leave D.C. later today and never return -- and it would be like I was never here. I've just been here too long and nothing good will ever happen.

A row house in the 1500 block of Caroline Street NW, Washington, D.C., 6:12PM April 19, 2017.

I think this is 1505 or 1507 -- not sure. The house didn't have a number on it. I rarely walk on the "hidden gem" of Caroline Street even though it is very close to where I live. It's just too risky at night -- even in the present era.

*******

I think I have an ulcer or something is wrong in the nether regions. I need to make an appointment with my doctor, or rather, with the Medstar facility in Chevy Chase where I go (the doctors are forever coming and going, revolving door like, there).

Tonight is definitely a gym night and I plan to post an entry thereafter.

OK, that's all for now.

--Regulus

No comments: