Saturday, March 18, 2017

Saturday Evening Post for March 18th, 2017 - Supplemental Edition: Crappy Weekend for Me and Costco Capri Pants for (Big) Baby WADE

Melting snow on the grounds of the Woman's Democratic National Club, Washington, D.C., 1:37PM March 17, 2017.

*******

Saturday Night and I feel lousy.

Last night just sucked all around as I left work late and tried to go to two places but both were too damn crowded including frickin' Harry's Pub where there was a St. Patrick's Day theme ongoing and no space at the bar. Indeed, I was told a spot that opened up was for some drunken guy staggering about, so I just left.

I then went into that Laughing Man Tavern on G Street, but that was no better and the bartender was an upfront jackass about whether any seats were available, so I just left.

Tree trunk of one of the large elms that grow along the 1600 block of New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, D.C., 1:34PM March 17, 2017.

*******

I went instead to a recently-opened restaurant called Ocean Prime. The food was great and the atmosphere nice -- and I liked the seats at the bar. However, the food and drink are very expensive. The place will really need to maintain its quality to justify the prices. (Restaurants, it has been my hardly novel observation, tend to degrade with time.)

It does have a happy hour that I'd like to check out -- maybe next Wednesday.

Lake Waterfront Park, Pasadena, Md., March 18, 2017.

*******

Anyway, I spent a ton of money ($90 including tip) for a drink and some ala carte menu items (plus an Irish coffee). Afterward, I should have just gone home, but instead I went to Trade. However, there was a line and it was noisy inside, so instead I went to No. 9, where I stayed too long and had a crummy time by myself before walking home. That was the really crummy ending to the night but I don't feel like getting into it -- just the usual and only words.

I got home and went immediately to sleep -- and slept with a few interruptions until basically 4PM today. As a result, I never made it to the gym. I intend instead to go tomorrow.

Gloria Vanderbilt Capri pants on sale at Pentagon City Costco, Arlington, Va., 4:23PM March 16, 2017.

I had wandered into this ginormous store after the peer review at the nearby DoubleTree hotel had concluded on Thursday afternoon.

Given that M. WADE Tipamillyun often wears Capri pants -- not to mention those plunging V neckline shirts -- I figured he could stop by this Costco and snap up the bargains. Of course, Baby Wade being the size he is, he can't exactly fit into girls petite. Instead, he takes 8 petite pairs -- 4 per leg -- and after some cutting and sewing magic, creates the proper size.

Like, oh, my Gawd! Whatevah! QUACK! QUACK! QUACK!

*******

For tonight, I need to get some dinner. I don't have much food here in the apartment, and I've been inside for over 18 hours now. I'll probably walk to Old Ebbitt via the usual duo of bars and then home.

My laundry should be done soon.

Another picture inside that Pentagon City Costco, Arlington, Va., 4:22PM March 16, 2017.

You have to be a "member" to buy anything, which I'm most definitely and proudly not.

*******

That's about all for now. I'm not in any mood to post a jukebox Saturday night entry, so I'm going to skip that this week. As for next week, I'm visiting my mom -- it'll be the last visit to her trailer in Millersville. She is moving out -- and back to Glen Burnie. In fact, she is moving to the very same apartment complex where she, Ray, and I lived as our first place in Maryland** in the years 1982 - 1984.

A freight train passes over the Potomac River on the train trestle that carries the Amtrak, VRE, and the CSX lines, as seen from a Metrorail train, 4:39PM March 16, 2017.

*******

**This does not include living with Ray's family, a.k.a., "the Tribe" -- for a several months in late 1981 and early 1982 before I went to live with my dad in New Jersey, only to return in August 1982 and begin living at the aforementioned apartment complex.

It is a more centrally located spot, which is good, not that suburban no man's land on the side of Veterans Highway.

Philby (sp?), the bulldog at the Dupont Circle Bank of America ATMs, Washington, D.C., 1:44PM March 17, 2017.

*******

Anyway, as a result, I may not post a jukebox Saturday night entry next week either, but I'll give it a try.

OK, that's all for now. I'm going to try to post an entry tomorrow night.

--Regulus

No comments: