Thursday, March 23, 2017

Puppies, Clouds, and Return to a Long Time Ago


Today is both World Meteorological Day and National Puppy Day.

For World Meteorological Day, the theme is "Understanding Clouds":


"Clouds play a pivotal role in weather forecasts and warnings. They help to drive the water cycle and the entire climate system. Throughout history, they have inspired artists, poets, musicians, photographers and countless other enthusiasts."

-- World Meteorological Organization (WMO)

Today is also Animal Planet's National Puppy Day.

I continue to have a difficult time resuming a normal blogging schedule. Last night, I stayed late at the office and then stopped for a drink at Trade, which ended up morphing into a three-hour stint as I met an old friendly acquaintance and we talked and drank. By the time I got home, all I could do was sleep.

Tonight is a definitively a gym night and then when I get home, I really need to continue to work on the summaries of last week's peer review.

For tomorrow, I'm taking the MARC train up to Odenton to meet my mom and staying at her place in Millersville until Sunday when I return.

Towering cumulus (cumulus congestus) clouds over Oklahoma; photo by Richard R. Barron, 2011.

*******

As I mentioned recently, she is moving next week -- back to Glen Burnie into the very same apartment complex (Colonial Square) where she, Ray, and I lived a long time ago (1982 - early 1984). There is a somewhat surreal quality to that -- all the more so because the very first place I lived with my mom (and for a brief time, my dad) as a baby and young child was in an apartment complex in New Jersey (Middlebrook at Monmouth in Ocean Township). (It was just called Middlebrook Apartments back then.)


OK, that's all for now. I need to get back to work.

--Regulus

No comments: