Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Blog Entry Blues -OR- On the Edge of Nowhere (Updated)

**Updated 12:58PM 3/22/2017: See below.**

Columbia River Gorge.

*******

I tried MIGHTILY to post an entry tonight but some combination of Blogger and/or Microsoft Edge -- the stupid default browser that I use to compose my entries -- are fucked up and I can't get images to properly upload. In Edge tonight, my blog looks like shit with numerous missing pictures. By contrast, in Chrome it looks fine. Actually, at this point, I can't even access Blogger with Edge while I can readily access it with Chrome.

I may have to switch to Chrome or Firefox to start posting entries. Of course, all my formatting has always been done on the assumption that the reader is using Edge or Internet Explorer.

No, BIG Y'EYEMAH, I don't need your tender loving care and advice and helpful solutions delivered in a soothing coo but that solves nothing.

I didn't go to the goddamn gym tonight because I have a boatload of work to do from last week's peer review event in terms of creating summary notes. I'll try to go tomorrow, although truth to tell, it would probably at this point be better if I just took the skipped day (Tuesday) and went on Thursday since I'm away between Friday and Sunday afternoon. (I went last Sunday and had a good workout.)

OK, it's too goddamn late and I'm going to bed now. I'll post a new entry when I get a chance. (To be clear, I have another political-themed entry almost completed but the formatting would take too long tonight and it is frickin' 3AM.)

UPDATED 12:58PM 3/22/2017

The Columbia River Gorge with a view of Crown Point and the Vista House museum as seen from Chanticleer Point.

*******

OK, at this point, Microsoft Edge browser is working normally with Blogger.

Speaking of working, I've been working from home this morning. I'm heading into the office and will stay late tonight -- probably until 930PM -- to get as far as I can on the session summary write ups. This means skipping the gym again tonight, but I'm definitely going tomorrow night. Let me be clear: I'm not going to be blowing up in size -- that whiff of middle aged fat and existential American life early 21st Century failure would definitely be attractive to the wrong, sad sort.

I'm going to try to update the blog later with my intended entry.

End of Update and of Entry.

--Regulus

No comments: