Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Trumped Out Tuesday Night: Brief Update Ahead of Trip to Atlanta; February, Out Like a Lamb

Crocuses in early bloom in New York City's Central Park, February 28, 2017.

The flower images in this entry are taken from here.

*******

Back from the gym tonight and I'm very tired. In addition, I have to leave for Atlanta tomorrow on a flight from National Airport shortly after 11AM, which means for me, I need to get up by 7AM.

I'm doing a single load of laundry tonight -- mixed white and colors -- rather than multiple loads. I'm just too tired.

A tulip a magnolia tree in bloom, Washington, D.C., February 28, 2017.

*******

At the gym, initially all the goddamn televisions were tuned to CNN with Wolf and the Gang in some weird orgiastic glee over Agent Orange's ass-hat speech to Congress, again attempting to normalize the deeply and permanently abnormal. More than anything, it was CNN -- and James Comey's FBI "October surprise" quasi-coup -- that facilitated this sick state of affairs.

Thankfully, there was being aired some stupid college basketball game on some permutation of ESPN, and all the televisions got tuned to that. (They're muted except the one in the locker room.)

Daffodils in bloom in New York City's Central Park, February 28, 2017.

*******

By the way, here is a good interview in Slate.com with Russian-American journalist and activist Masha Gessen -- whose immediate post-election piece Autocracy: Rules for Survival is a must-read (link embedded): Donald and Vlad: Compare and Contrast.

Tonight is warm, showery one -- yes, a night featuring very needed and welcome rainfall. Temps at the 11PM hour are well above normal even for the typical end-of-February highs including 58F at KDCA, 56F at KBWI, and 54F at KIAD.

Rainfall totals have been about 1/3 inch (less at KBWI).

Oh, yes, not surprisingly, February was the warmest on record for KDCA and KIAD (I need to check on KBWI) and the climatological winter ended up in the top five (#1 at KIAD). Tonight's rainfall, however, keeps it from being the driest February on record at KDCA, though. I'll post final numbers in a subsequent entry.


OK, that's all for now. My plan is to post an entry tomorrow evening from the place in Atlanta -- an Airbnb residence in the Midtown section. I am taking my computer and there is supposed to be Wi-Fi. The workshop is at Georgia Tech on Thursday starting quite early (I need to be there at 730AM). I'm staying into the weekend -- visiting Chris at his place in Sandy Springs.

I don't have a window seat on the flight tomorrow. Boo. Maybe I can have my seat assignment changed.

--Regulus

No comments: