Saturday, February 25, 2017

Jukebox Saturday Night for Feb. 25th, 2017: The Babyface, Benson, and Ronson Edition

Let's start with something really nice and upbeat ...


"We've Got Love" by Babyface from his Return of the Tender Lover album (2015)

How have I not featured anything previously by Babyface in my Jukebox Saturday Night series?

*******

Stepping back in time a generation and then some, but continuing with an upbeat and mellow pace ...


"Love X Love" by George Benson from his Give Me the Night album (1980)

By the way, I should note that Al Jarreau died earlier this month (Feb. 12th) at age 76. Here are some of Benson's Twitter tributes to his "good friend and brother, the great Al Jarreau."

As for George Benson, he's still going strong.

*******

And I'd like to end with this interesting piece the video to which I watched at No. 9 last weekend ...


"The Bike Song" by Mark Ronson (and the Business International) from his Record Collection album (2010)

The video is just odd, but in a harmless sort of way. I almost pick up a touch of retro 1960s in it.

OK, that's all for now. Please see my previous entry for update.

--Regulus

No comments: