Saturday, February 11, 2017

Jukebox Saturday Night for February 11th, 2017: The Summoner and the Lonely Heart Edition

First up, a really nice song ...


"Fields of Gold" by Sting from his Ten Summoner's Tales album (1993)

The Keeper of All Knowledge reveals that the title is a combined pun of his family name, Sumner, and a character in Geoffrey Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales, the summoner.

*******


"Do It Again" by Steely Dan from band's Can't Buy a Thrill album (1972)

I can't decide if I really like this song or not. I think I do. The lyrics tell an interesting story.

This particular YouTube version shows a still of the group's 1980 album Citizen Steely Dan on which the song also appeared.

*******

We'll end with something -- if not upbeat -- certainly is Saturday night energetic...


"Owner of a Lonely Heart" by Yes from the group's album 90125 (1983)

This is a weird and somewhat disturbing video that I don't quite understand. It certainly is a "period" piece in that it features so many images of central London as it appeared in 1983.

I like the song -- the way it builds -- and the lyrics are quite good.

*******

OK, that's all for now. Please see my previous entry for a brief update. Again, my next entry will either be late Monday or late Tuesday.

--Regulus

No comments: