Thursday, December 1, 2016

On the Record: First of December and Start of Climatological Winter

Updated 11:58PM 12/1/2016: See below.

Off the Record, Hay-Adams Hotel, Washington, D.C., November 30, 2016.

Kevin took this picture.

*******

Apologies for lack of postings the past two nights. Both Tuesday and Wednesday after work were non-gym nights and instead I went out and wasn't able to post anything when I got home. My intention is to post an entry tonight. However, I have a work-related all-day event to attend tomorrow starting at 9AM, so I also necessarily need to get to bed at a decent hour.

On Tuesday night, Mark and I went to Trade and last night, Kevin and I met at Joe's Restaurant at the front bar and then he took me to a place I had never been, the Off the Record downstairs bar at the Hay-Adams hotel. It's located right next to Lafayette Park. The place has some interesting political-themed drink names.

Needless to say, I way overspent the past two days.

Today, is a sunny day with temps somewhere between cool and mild (around 55F). It follows some much needed rainfall the past two days that totaled at KDCA 0.64". KBWI had more with 1.33" and KIAD received the most with 1.59". It is December 1st, the first day of climatological winter.

OK, that's all for now. Again, tonight is a gym night and I intend to post an entry thereafter.

UPDATED 11:58PM 12/1/2016

OK, I was going to post an entry tonight but ...

... it is already nearly midnight, I'm quite tired (alhough I had decent gym workout), and I need to be up by 630AM in order to attend an all-day DOE peer review event that starts at 9AM. (I require minimum 2 hours from the time I get out of bed to the time I am in the office. I just don't "do" mornings.)

This means my next entry likely won't be until Saturday evening.

End of Update and of Entry.

--Regulus

No comments: