Saturday, December 3, 2016

Jukebox Saturday Night for Dec. 3rd, 2016: The Schwarz, Funk, Diamond, and Glynne Edition

Let's start out with a nice smooth jazz piece ...


"Nuff Sad" by Schwarz & Funk from their release Eivissa Lounge Vol. 3 (2014)

Schwarz & Funk are the German duo Bob Schwarz and Jesse Funk.

I need to feature more of their music here.

*******

Next, something old school upbeat and wonderful ...


"Forever in Blue Jeans" by Neil Diamond from his album You Don't Bring Me Flowers (1978)

Such great lyrics ... Here is the second stanza (where "can't" appears instead of "don't) ...

Money talks
But it can't sing and dance
And it can't walk
And long as I can have you
Here with me, I'd much rather be
Forever in blue jeans, babe

And honey's sweet
But it ain't nothin' next to baby's treat
And if you pardon me I'd like to say
We'll do okay
Forever in blue jeans

Maybe tonight
Maybe tonight, by the fire
All alone you and I
Nothing around
But the sound of my heart
And your sighs...

*******

And to close out this edition of Jukebox Saturday Night, here is nice and inspirational song by Jess Glynne ...


"Don't Be So Hard On Yourself" by Jess Glynne from her release I Cry When I Laugh (2015)

The story the video tells dovetails very well with the song. This song is on the same album as Hold My Hand -- which is among my favorite songs and that I featured in this Jukebox Saturday Night edition nearly six months ago. She also does the lyrics for Clean Bandit's song Rather Be, another favorite of mine.

Glynne has such a distinctive voice.

OK, that's all for now. Please see my previous entry for a brief update.

--Regulus

No comments: