Monday, November 7, 2016

Monday Morning -- thet Day Before the Election -- and Not Able to Face the World Just Yet

**This entry was posted November 7, 2016.**

National Mall, Washington, D.C., 1:38PM Nov. 4, 2016.

I was walking back to work from early voting at Judiciary Square.

*******

I tried to post a comprehensive entry yesterday -- one with a political theme given that the actual election that will decide how and in what form this country survives is now just 24 hours away -- but it was too unwieldy and would've eaten up my entire Sunday.

Upon reflection, though, that might have been better than my day.

Anyway, I can't post an entry now since I'm ostensibly supposed to go to work although I think I'm going to take off the morning and sleep for a couple more hours. I really don't want to see the world right now.

It wasn't a bad day yesterday but I drank too much -- going out with Kevin following an early dinner at the bar at Bistro Bistro -- but I way over did it.

Weather-wise, it's another dry morning -- all it has been the past couple months is dry, dry, dry but at least today isn't way, way, way above normal temperature-wise, but instead it is about average with a 45F air temperature at the 7AM hour at KDCA and a forecasted high today of about 63F, which is almost average.

I'm depressed.

Tonight is a gym night. Afterwards, I'll post the entry I started yesterday -- updated, as needed.

--Regulus

No comments: