Saturday, November 26, 2016

If It's November 26th, It Must Be My Birthday -OR- 47 and Counting

**This entry was posted November 26, 2016.**

Sunset at Fort Smallwood Park along the Chesapeake Bay in Anne Arundel Co., Md., Nov. 22, 2016; Photo by Flickr user By The Bay Photos and reposted in this CWG entry.

Hopefully, we should get some rain this coming week.

*******

My birthday. 47 years old today.

For purposes of this blog, that just means editing the "About Me" part -- as in, increasing my age by one. (I always have difficulty finding that particular setting where that text resides since it is buried rather deeply.)

I don't really have any time to post an entry this morning as I need to get ready and get over to Union Station in order to catch a MARC train to suburban Maryland (Odenton) to meet my mom.


I had originally planned to go on Friday (yesterday), but I had too much too do both in terms of Saturday chores/tasks that I moved up a day (going to the gym and laundry) and for work (a lengthy annual employee self-appraisal). As a result, I moved the visit to today. I'm only staying for one night.

The plan is to go to a restaurant today. Owing to Ray's poor health, we really can't go far -- so no Docs Riverside Grill in Centreville (on the Eastern Shore) or even the Rusty Scupper in Baltimore but instead, to Glen Burnie's finest, Sunset.

Yours truly at Logan Tavern, Washington, D.C., 10:52PM November 25, 2016.

*******

I had a very nice Thanksgiving at Quill's parents' house in Silver Spring. Last night was mixed in that I went to dinner at Logan Tavern but had kind of crap service seated at the bar, but then I went to Stoney's where Howie was working and he regaled with some funny family stories.

Thereafter, I walked home but detoured to JoJo on U Street, where I stood and then sat at the bar and listened to a live jazz band playing while having a few more drinks.

Lastly, I should mention that in the past 48 hours both Florence Henderson -- "Carol Brady" of The Brady Bunch -- and Fidel Castro both died, ages 82 and 90, respectively. What an odd combination.

Anyway, that's all for now. I intend to post an entry this evening from Millersville.

--Regulus

No comments: