Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Madame Rides (Too?) High; Donald Trump Tornado: Still an EF-5 ; and the Hysterical One Makes a Cogent Case, Fainting Goat-Style

Another image I took on Monday, Columbus Day, on a walk along the Mt. Vernon bicycle trail beside the Potomac River between the Arlington Memorial Bridge and the 14th Street Bridges, Arlington, Va., 5:45PM October 10, 2016.

*******

Apologies for lack of an update last night.

I started one -- a political-themed one, since that is the dominate issue for the time being and until the election is, mercifully, over, but I just ran out of time, especially given that I started it late (after I got home from work and the gym) and that I need to be in work by 930AM.

I'll try to post it tonight.

What can you say when this is the New York Times online headline for much of the day??

*******

I have a feeling, by the way, that the whore-stream political media is readying yet another bout of (to channel Jonathan Chait) bogus "Hillary-as-World Class Criminal" by way of phony inference stories. They are tiring of the vortex of insanity of Donald Trump, at least for now, and the Madame is pulling ahead too far in the polls, and the political media can't have that. As for the GOP, it's deep inside the EF-5 of the Trump Tornado, so at least there's that.

In the meantime, let's get Hysterical One's take on Donald Trump's political standing:


HE'S DONE! HE'S DONE! STICK A FORK IN HIM! STICK A FORK IN HIM! HE'S DONE! ROCK ON!! ROCK ON!! AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN - AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! - AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! AAAAAAIIIGGGHHHH!!

[Much banshee-like screeching and yowling with gran-mal palsied facial contortions, crashing into things, falling masonry. CRASH! BOOM! BANG!]


[Then CRUELLA DE STAFF appears and SLAP! SLAP! SLAP! on both facial cheeks simultaneously and it falls down like one of those fainting goats* you see on TV, tree trunk-like legs sticking up in the air, 3X large cargo shorts tented out upside down to reveal commando-style (non)attire underneath.]

*No, not that Fainting Goal restaurant bar on U Street to which I've never actually been, though I pass it every morning.


A pretty picture indeed.

Thank You, Hysterical One, for that COGENT argument delivered in that RATIONAL, CALM, and COOL manner for which you are known the world over.

OK, that's all for now. I'll try to post my original entry -- repurposed -- tonight. Or not. I dunno. Time to get to work. I wish it would rain, but at least the heat and humidity are ended.

--Regulus

No comments: