Monday, October 31, 2016

Political GOP Tricks and No Treats: Halloween Arrives; T-Minus 8 Days to Trumpocalypse

Pumpkins on the steps / stoop of the Edes House, 2929 N Street NW, Washington, D.C., 4:59PM October 30, 2016.

This house has an interesting history. Today, it's just owned by some random billionaire.

*******

I'm just posting this entry in order to replace the previous one as the lead and have a lead image that is topical to the day, which is, after all, Halloween.

Late afternoon sky above the houses at Swann Street and New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, D.C., 4:31PM October 30, 2016.

*******

I'm so flippin' annoyed with everything. Just 8 days more days until the goddamn election and whatever happens, happens. As much as I want the Madame to defeat the Madman, there would be something liberating about a Trump victory -- freed up from the grinding multi-year political trench warfare that will certainly characterize a Hillary Clinton administration, nothing to care about any longer, no stake in the outcome of anything, and just, in general, free to watch -- experience -- the exhilarating, horrifying runaway bobsled to hell that would be America under Donald Trump and wall-to-wall radical rightwing Republican rule.

The little house at the oblique-angled intersection of 27th and Poplar Streets NW, Washington, D.C., 4:53PM October30, 2016.

This is Georgetown.

*******

I actually had a pleasant enough Sunday, although I didn't leave the apartment until damn near 4PM. I went to Clyde's in Georgetown, where I had a nice dinner at the bar and chatted with a lady named Sheila about the election (we were totally on the same page). (I also had a series of text messages with Chris in Atlanta. Alas, with the trip to Florida off, I won't be seeing him at Thanksgiving).

Halloween decorations in the rectory yard of the Church of the Holy City -- National Swedenborgian Church, Washington, D.C., 10:36PM October 30, 2016.

Yes, I've featured pictures of this rectory yard's decorations in previous entries. And, yes, all are welcome there, which means nobody attends.

*******

Thereafter, I walked to Trade, where I had a couple good conversations, then to Stoney's, where Howie was working and I had another nice conversation with a young lady, before a final stop in at No. 9.

Yes, that's a lot of frickin' drinking and spending money. I got home by ten of 11PM and went to bed.

Yours truly in the elevator last night, somewhere in Washington, D.C., 10:48PM October 30, 2016.

*******

Tonight is a gym night. I intend to post an entry thereafter but I am behind on two work tasks and there is a chance I might have to work at home until the wee hours to finish the second one (I should get the first one done today), in which case a new entry will be delayed.

Not that anyone would notice.

--Regulus

No comments: