Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Tuesday Morning in Mid-June: Primarily Back to Work and Life ...

View of the Potomac River and Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument as seen from the Mt. Vernon Trail, Arlington, Va., 4:52PM June 13, 2016.

*******

Tuesday morning.

I'm heading back to work for the first time since last Wednesday ... And I actually have to be there right at 9AM this morning for the start of a three-day program office review for which I am a note-taker.

I would like to go to the gym tonight for a light workout, but it is primary day here in D.C., and I'd also like to vote. In addition, I have almost zero food in the house and need to grocery shop. The voting location -- at Garnet-Patterson school -- and the shopping location -- Safeway on 17th Street -- are over a mile apart, and combined this means I won't get to the gym until 730PM at the earliest.

Given that plus the fact I'm tired, I might just wait until tomorrow to go, as I would like to get to bed early tonight.

I still have my Glen Burnie visit pictures I need to post, as well as another batch that I took yesterday on what turned out to be an 8 to 9 mile walk from my apartment, over to the Watergate, along the Georgetown Waterfront to the Key Bridge, thence into Rosslyn, and along the Mt. Vernon bike trail on the Arlington side to the 14th Street bridge and back up through downtown to Dupont Circle.

I also want to relate about a little deli I found at the Watergate called The Deli and the young man who runs it as part of a family business.

I met Mark D. yesterday for some dinner and drinks. This was nice, but it meant I was unable to meet Fred. I had double-booked / overbooked, and so that's how it played out.

OK, that's all for now. My intention is to post another entry tonight, but before midnight.

--Regulus

No comments: