Friday, June 10, 2016

Suburban Maryland Morning Sanctuary ...

View from the MARC train Penn Line somewhere near Bowie, Md., 2:41PM June 9, 2016.

*******

Morning in suburban Maryland somewhere near Glen Burnie. Well, actually, Millersville. I'm here at my mom and Ray's for the next couple days. I'm still not in very good shape -- rather banged up and in moderate pain. I probably should have gotten this checked out but there wasn't any time.

Did I mention, FU-MH until the end of time and and Old World (maybe Sicilian) curse in the meantime as well? Oh, wait, I vowed that I'm done with this topic, and I'm going to follow that. This 12-year-old dumpster fire has gone on too long and it should have been trash pickup day, metaphorically speaking, a while ago.

I feel badly as I think I've really inconvenienced my mom and Ray because I was put up in their bedroom -- tiny, as is everything in a trailer, but with a very comfortable bed. They slept in the living room.


I may just do that one more night and let them have the room back tomorrow night. My plan is to return either Sunday or Monday and be back in work Tuesday. I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get back to the gym in a regular way.

As for Ray, he is in bad shape health-wise and so I feel doubly guilty removing him from his bed. Of course, he only sleeps 2 hours a night, if that. Ray has admonished me several times as well for my own failure in this situation.


Well, that's all I really had to say. For the next few days, I'm just to insert myself in my mom's daily life. Later this morning, we'll be in Glen Burnie, and I think we're going to Laurel tomorrow morning for an event where she is volunteering. Her entire retired life is spent either taking care of Ray or volunteering at one of two main places.

OK, that's all for now. Not sure if I'll update this blog tomorrow. At this point, I just want to get to 2,000 entries and be done with it. 

--Regulus

No comments: