Saturday, May 28, 2016

Entry No. 1,924: Memorial Day Weekend 2016 and Still Serving an Apparent Life Sentence in Oz -OR- Approaching 2,000 Blog Flushes

**This entry was posted May 28, 2016.**

Updated/Corrected 7:20PM 5/28/2016: This is actually entry no. 1,924. I have changed the blog title to reflect that, although the URL is the same.

2000 block New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, D.C., 2:32PM May 27, 2016.

*******

Saturday afternoon, Memorial Day weekend 2016. Somewhere in Washington, D.C., my Local Bubble Universe where I am, apparently, serving a life sentence. Or better yet, Oz. The Emerald City and Imperial Capital, late stage American Imperium.

Welcome to Oz. You'll be serving a life sentence here.

*******

I really don't have much to say.

I'm in a deeply depressive funk -- is there any other kind? -- and don't feel like writing anything of note. I'm stuck in a terrible, intractable rut of life: Work, bar, gym, blog, sleep.

That's it.

Besides, my blog readership is now near zero anyway. I guess I'm mostly just trying to get to 2,000 entries. This is entry 1,923 1,924.

Remember the 2,000 Flushes toilet cleaning product and its dumb commercials? Well, I'm aiming for 2,000 entries.

At this rate, I'll reach that number sometime in mid-to-late August.

I'm also depressed that it is looking like Hillary is not going to be able to pull it off and we will end up with a potentially cataclysmic Trump presidency facilitated by wall-to-wall Republican rule. That's a real dystopian scenario and is a real possibility, and there isn't a damn thing I can do about it.

Sky and trees, 2000 block New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, D.C., 2:32PM May 27, 2016.

*******

On a personal note, other than Andrea and, occasionally, Quill, I don't really have any friends anymore. Well, I suppose I should include Chester and Mike G., although I don't really see them that often.

There are people with whom I have a friendly rapport, including at work, but everyone who was once a close friend -- including Wall-P, GASY, the Hysterical One, Miss Wendy, Jamie, and anyone of a number of other people -- have more or less vanished from my life. The reasons differ -- and in one case, due to an unforgiveable action (in the context of a lot of other bad stuff), while in other cases, the person just morphed into something ugly (Wall-P) or was already too nutty (the Hysterical One). In the remaining cases, we just drifted apart.


My long-term plan is to live with my mom when she is widowed (Ray is not in good health). I would like her to live in the D.C. area, probably Montgomery County (Bethesda or Grosvenor/Rockville).

I spoke to my dad on Thursday night -- for whatever reason, he called -- and he is still half-expecting me / half-not-expecting me to visit him down in that Flagler Beach, Florida dump -- the new downwardly mobile American Third World that encompasses most of the geographic extent of the country outside the cities and upscale suburbs -- and also do some weird trip to the Caribbean later this year.

I have serious reservations about. I don't trust him and -- to quote Sophia on "The Golden Girls" to her ex-son-in-law, Stan, "where there is no trust, there is no family." Bad things could happen to me down there and he would be secretly happy and even perhaps encourage it to happen.


I'm going to the gym shortly. I went yesterday as well, but that was to make up for missing Thursday night. I'm not sure I'll be able to do the full routine including the hour on the treadmill because I did it yesterday and two days in a row is difficult for me given my three-hour visits.

For Sunday and Monday (Memorial Day), I am a totally free man with NO plans except to take long walks from outer Metro stations back into D.C., stopping for lunch and so forth. To do this, I need to get up at a much more reasonable hour than is my weekend / off day custom.

The weather is sunny and warm today. There is a chance of showers and t-storms tomorrow and Monday but it won't be a wash out.

OK, that's all for now. I might post a jukebox Saturday night entry but I might not. I dunno. I see how I feel.

Welcome to Oz.

--Regulus

No comments: