Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Belated Sunday Start; Chimpungorilla Saturday Night Tales; & Happy Mother's Day and Happy Stepfather's Birthday Greetings

Apartment view onto the 2000 block of New Hampshire Ave NW, Washington, D.C., 1:16PM May 8, 2016.

I've lived here for 11+ years. I could leave tomorrow and it would be like I was never here.

*******

Alright, it's a bit after 2PM as I FINALLY get the hell out of this apartment and (try to) enjoy my one truly free day during the week, Sunday.

I am leaving a full 90 minutes later than I wanted to because I couldn't get up, in turn, of course, because I went out last night -- walking to three places, No. 9, Trade, and Nellie's -- and drank too much.

Trade was actually kind of fun in that I encountered Craig M., and we had a really enjoyable conversation.

To be clear, we had a good time only AFTER, I told him all about The Chimpungorilla's attack and cautioned him in no uncertain terms not to take his side because The Chimpungorilla is "a little stud" (Craig is a big guy) or any other crap that I've heard endlessly from people over nearly 20 years that equates charisma and (purported) physical attractiveness with moral and ethical superiority.

This male silverback gorilla at the San Francisco Zoo that I have featured before is named Oscar Jonesy (yes, OJ).

*******

The weather is really lovely today with partly cloudy skies, a cool and gusty northwesterly wind, and temperatures around 70F. I'm taking the Metro to L'Enfant Plaza and then walking all the way down to Old Town Alexandria. The route is over one of the pedestrian lanes of the multi-span 14th Street Bridge and thence down the Mount Vernon bicycle trail, staying on the grass as much as possible to avoid all the weekend warrior bicyclists.

I'll take the Metro back from King Street. I think it's still open ...

OK, that's all for now.

Oh, yes, today is Mother's Day -- and my mom got the card I sent her in time. It is also my stepfather Ray's 69th birthday.

My mom and Ray on the occasion of their 41st wedding anniversary at the Rusty Scupper restaurant in Baltimore, Dec. 28, 2015.

*******

OK, that really is all for now.

--Regulus

No comments: