Wednesday, April 13, 2016

The April Cherry Blossom and the (Extended) Patch of Blue

Kwanzan cherry blossoms in or around Washington, D.C., April 12, 2016; picture by Namrata Dsouza and posted on her Flickr page and reposted in this CWG entry.

The Kwanzan always bloom 10 days to two weeks after the more famous Yoshino Japanese cherry blossoms. I like them better.

*******

This entry is, more than anything, being written just wanted to replace the lead entry to this blog with something a little more pleasant. The previous two entries were not something I wanted to have to write.

Weather-wise, it's just sunny and seasonal now after some rain yesterday morning. It looks like we have settled into an extended stretch of sunny weather, which is a shame since I like rain. Furthermore, in no time, it's going to be hot and disgusting for months of agonizing D.C. summer agony on end. I hate this place.

Oh, well.

The sky above L'Enfant Promenade, Washington, D.C., 1:22PM April 12, 2016.

The weather system that had passed through in the morning was receding -- already out over the distant Atlantic Ocean.

*******

Tonight is another non-gym night because I'm supposed to meet Andrea after work. Tomorrow night is a gym night. I also need to go to a workshop for work tomorrow afternoon and all day Friday starting at 830PM, so it makes sense to rejigger my gym schedule to a Monday / Thursday one this week.

Last night, I went to Trade and No. 9 (where I talked to my mom on the phone) and then met Roger at Floriana (downstairs bar). I spent way too much, of course, negating all the unintended savings from last week when I was so sick from food poisoning. I also managed to spill a glass of wine at the bar.

Sigh.

I'll try to post an entry tomorrow night but it will be a short one.

Well, let's get this day started.

--Regulus

No comments: