Saturday, April 16, 2016

Jukebox Saturday Night for April 16th, 2016: Whispering 1980s Sweet Nothings In My Ear Edition

Let's start out this Jukebox Saturday Night episode on a really nice note ...


"Love Birds Whisper In My Ear" by Sadao Watanabe from his album Good Time for Love (1986)

This video is from a live performance back in 1986. Mr. Watanabe is still going strong at age 83.

*******

Now let's visit the early 1980s and a New Wave band that was part of the Second British Invasion ...


"Hold Me Now" by Thompson Twins from the group's album Into the Gap (1984)

Lead vocalist Tom Bailey was just 28 years old when this was released. He is 60 years old now. Time just flows.

*******

And let's stay in the 1980s, ending on an upbeat (and somehow mournful) sophisti-pop note ...


"The Promise" by When in Rome from the group's self-titled debut album (1988)

They were a one-hit wonder band, but that's still more than most musical acts can say. Besides, it's a really nice song.

And with that, I shall conclude this episode of Jukebox Saturday Night. As you can see, I skipped my usual Saturday Evening Post update due to limited time (I'm meeting Fred at Floriana in a bit). However, I did my laundry and made dinner tonight after a good, multi-part gym workout earlier today.

I intend to update the blog tomorrow late morning / early afternoon.

--Regulus

No comments: