Monday, March 21, 2016

Reluctantly, But Necessarily, Springing Forward To New Job; Uncertain Blogging Schedule Ahead

Framed by the still-winter bare oak tree branches, a dazzling morning Sun shines in an early spring blue sky, 1900 block 16th Street NW, Washington, D.C., 10:25AM March 21, 2016.

*******

So this is my last day at my current job and I'm soon to head over to my new one. A sizable contingent of my coworkers have already jumped ship and this company is likely not long for this world. Per her instructions, I have to send my supervisor my resignation email in a few minutes.

Very odd. The whole episode has been very odd and intense.

Let me say that she and my other coworkers and friends have been really wonderful through this whole process, as have my mom and dad with financial help and emotional support.

I'll be back working at L'Enfant Plaza, my brief Rosslyn stint over.

OK, that's all for now.

Oh, yes, one last important item: I have used my work computer as a personal home computer for almost 4 years. During that time, I've not had my own computer. Unless and until I can get a new computer -- either my own or bring one home from my new job -- my blogging will be very limited an on an erratic schedule. Thus, I am unsure when I will have a new entry posted, but I fully intend to keep this blog going.

--Regulus

No comments: