Monday, March 14, 2016

A Rainy, Migrainy Monday Morning in March ...

Gloomy morning in, of all places, Southern California, March 26, 2012. Source image here.

*******

Gloomy, showery, cool, migrainy Monday morning ...

I'm almost tempted to call in sick today as I have a migraine headache this morning and don't feel well in general. However, I think I can push through this morning blahs and blues and have a regular day.

As near as I can tell, the company has survived another week ...

Doubtful Sound, New Zealand, March 2011. My friend DG took this picture.

*******

Ohhh, and the wild REM dreams I had between about 5AM and 8AM when I finally got up -- flying wildly through some strange world, partly in the here and now American suburbs and partly on (transitioning to) some alien planet(s) with thousand-foot tall strange trees (branches all growing similarly) above which were scattered, enormous transmission-like high tension wires and transmitter towers, disappearing into clouds and what was some rain/snow combo.

Kelp forest off Santa Cruz Island, M. Meier.

*******

By the way, although I always complain about the arrival of daylight savings time -- and this year was no different -- I actually enjoyed the fact that it was darker longer this morning as I tried to sleep and went in and out of REM dreaming.

I think I need to go to the dentist (possibly an issue with one of my tenth, something to which I am no stranger).

Yesterday, Chester and I met up and went to Floriana where we chatted with Jamie for a while. Then the three of us went to Fox & Hounds before Chester and I had some dinner at Commissary. Finally, we ended the night at Trade, where Gary joined us before Chester and I walked back to my place, near where we had parked).

Needless to say, I drank too much.

It rained yesterday -- even with some showery downpours -- although KDCA came in with only 0.26" plus another 0.19" overnight or 0.45". KBWI had a lot more -- 1.11" since yesterday. KIAD has had 0.56". It is cool with temps between 46F and 50F.

OK, I need to get this day started. Tonight is a planned gym night.

I intend to update the blog thereafter, but I really want to be in bed no later than 1AM, so the entry will be limited in scope.

--Regulus

No comments: