Saturday, February 6, 2016

Saturday Evening Post for Feb. 6th, 2016: The BIG Y'EYEMAH Loves to Dance Edition

**This entry was posted on February 6, 2016.**

Sunset over a tranquil field in Poolesville, Md., Feb. 4, 2016 in a picture taken by Martin Radigan and posted in this CWG entry.

The original Flickr page is here. Also, I cropped this image somewhat since the original was much wider than tall but the little one-room school house (if that's what it is) is still visible.

*******

As the briefest of updates, I had a rather good, multi-part gym workout today after getting up, finally, at 1:30PM. I'm home now and just made some dinner.

The dinner is Campbell's Chunky Sirloin Burger with country vegetables soup mixed with boiled jasmine rice and some steamed broccoli and carrots.

Healthy, possibly slightly foreign suspect, but with a nod to Americana.

"Mommie Dearest" screenshot, Floriana downstairs bar, Washington, D.C., 11:33PM February 5, 2016.

*******

Last night I had a nice time at Floriana with Roger and Fred and then later at Fox & Hounds with Jamie. At Floriana, Dito put on Mommie Dearest for me (muted but close-captioned). To be clear, while I've certainly talked about that movie before, I had never actually watched it all the way from the beginning.

For tonight, I think I'll go to Trade to start out and maybe somewhere else thereafter. As I mentioned, my coming week is going to be a challenging one in terms of having to be onsite at DOE HQ all five days starting at about 9AM, so I am going to alter my usual schedule and go to the gym more frequently but in shorter visits rather than alternating gym/bar nights.

There is a chance of snow late Monday into Tuesday but I'm not going to get into that right now.

Tomorrow is the annual agony of the Shitter-Bowl, I mean, the Super Bowl, which I, of course, will avoid like the plague.

However, I do plan an entry about that with some thoughts.

Oh, yes, since I'm on a BIG Y'EYEMAH and Wall-P (and Hysterical Gee) kick ...

Me: Oh, Wall-P, I'd like to borrow $60 Freedom Dollars from you.

Wall-P: Dude, why do you need more money?

Me: Oh, Wall-P, I'd like to take BIG Y'EYEMAH dancing at the Cracker Cabana. It's Ladies Of Notable Size night sponsored by McDonalds.

Wall-P: Dude, the last time you tried to take BIG Y'EYEMAH dancing, she fell out of her Hoveround and crashed through the floor.

Me: Oh, Wall-P, that was just a little mishap.

Hysterical Gee makes entrance in a tornadic vortex:

ROCK ON! ROCK ON! I'LL BE DROPPIN' YA NAME IN A YEEH! ROCK ON! AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN, AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN! ROCK ON!

Hysterical Gee exits in a swirling cloud of debris.

Wall-P: Dude, she took out three floors below, injured 20, and made the building structurally unsound. Remember, we're still in litigation.

Me: Oh, Wall-P, it wasn't her fault. You know that building was old and not up to code.

Wall-P: Dude, you're kidding, right? She must weigh 1,500 pounds. It's not safe taking her dancing. I'm not going to risk it.

Me: Well, then, we'll just have to stay home in our trailer and she can eat another half dozen cheesecakes while I watch the badminton tournament. Now I need money for the cheesecakes.

Wall-P: !

*******

OK, that's all for now. Another installment of my Jukebox Saturday Night series to follow shortly ...

--Regulus

No comments: