Saturday, February 20, 2016

Jukebox Saturday Night for Feb. 20th, 2016: Love Song, (Old) Dancing Fool, and Sunday Morning Edition

Let start out with something really nice ...


"Love Song" by Sara Bareilles from her album Little Voice (2007)

The video is an interesting concept, too. She is a miniature piano player /singer inside of a coin-operated jukebox and plays for a parade of people who go in and out of the booth. Actor Adam Campbell is the guy who owns the booth.

*******

Here is a really old piece ...


"Dancing Fool" performed in, of all places, Japan by something called the Jazz-Symphony-Orchestra back in the late 1920s (date uncertain)

This was issued by the Asahi Gramophone Company in Nagoya, Japan.

This piece appears on Bryan Wright's new YouTube channel 3milstylus on which he is posting music from his tremendous collection of 78 rpm vinyl discs.

I listen to Bryan's Shellac Stack podcast show although he updates it only intermittently. I discovered him when he had his show "Sound Stage" on the now-defunct BostonPete.com internet radio network. I listen to his shows when I'm writing / editing at work.

I met Bryan back in June 2011 and I've featured him in a couple of jukebox Saturday night entries including this one and this one in March 2015.

*******

And let's continue with the mellow mood but much more recent ...


"Sunday Morning" by Maroon 5 from their release Songs About Jane (2002)

The last time I mentioned Adam Levine (the lead singer), he had been powder sugar bombed ...

OK, that's all for now. I'm going to update my previous entry.

--Regulus

No comments: