Saturday, January 30, 2016

Jukebox Saturday Night for Jan. 30th, 2016: A Midwinter "Déjà Vu and I Got U" Edition


"A Summer Night Dream" by Euge Groove from his Born 2 Groove album (2007)

It has been a few weeks since I've done a jukebox Saturday night entry, and it is now the end of January and the depths of winter. That being the case, this song by Euge Groove seemed an appropriate way to start this edition.

*****

Continuing with the melodic pace ...


"Déjà Vu" by Dionne Warwick from her album Dionne (1979)

What an enchanting voice Dionne Warwick had. Her songs were magical. Yet somehow she ended up in a bad place. At least she's not doing that psychic hotline bullshit anymore (is she??).

*******

And let's end with something Saturday night energetic ...


"I Got U" by Duke Dumont ft. Jax Jones from Dumont's EP1 release (2014)

This is a very odd video. Indeed, the video sort of overwhelms the song, which for its part has a house dance beat.

According to the Wikipedia article, the man featured in this video -- whose face you never see because you are supposed to be that person but instead only his body including his hands and feet -- is a model and actor named "Rique" that appears to be Rique Santos, but I cannot tell for sure. The woman running around with him is New Zealand model Kylee Tan.

Screenshot from "I Got U" showing palm trees on a beach in Phuket, Thailand where the video was partly filmed.

The rest of the video was filmed in (where else?) Bangkok.

*******

Of note, I've been having trouble coming up with the energetic concluding songs ever since I switched from regularly going to No. 9 -- where music videos are shown -- to Trade -- where they are not (indeed, there are no TVs, just a single, unobtrusive back wall "TV screen" -- my repertoire of these kinds of songs has been running dry because I don't see music videos to inspire me to post those kinds of songs.

OK, that's all for now. I was going to post a preceding "Saturday Evening Post" update but it took me so long to compose this entry that I'm just going to hold off until tomorrow early afternoon. I should have time to post an update then. I'll go to Trade and/or Floriana tonight, although I'm not really feeling that great. I did get in a full gym workout today, though.

--Regulus

No comments: