Saturday, December 19, 2015

Jukebox Saturday Night for Dec. 19th, 2015: The No Snow But Don't Cry at My Party Edition

So let's start with something smooth jazz mellow ...


"Snowfall" by Chris Standring from his Groovalicious release (2003)

Alas, snowfall is about the last thing we are going to be seeing anytime this December and into January in this area.

*******

Since I'm going to a holiday party tonight ...


"It's My Party" by Lesley Gore from her album I'll Cry If I Want To (1963)

On a sad note, Ms. Gore died this past February at age 68.

*******

And let's end with something Saturday night upbeat ...


"Cry Baby" by CeeLo Green from his The Lady Killer release (2010)

The somewhat unusual video features Jaleel White lip-synching the song while leading a wonderfully choreographed street dance (I assume it was on a movie set) with a group of young, energetic, diverse dancers dressed up in a 1950s doo-wop style. White-as-Green seems to be reveling in the breakup with his girlfriend.

Yes, Jalel White was Urkel.

I'm not sure why CeeLo Green himself wasn't in the video. The Wikipedia article says he wasn't available at the time, but that doesn't make much sense given that it is his song.

Still, it's a great song and fun video.

OK, that's all for now. I might not update the blog until late Monday night.

-- Regulus

No comments: