Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend Photo-Recap Prequel: Stormy Afternoon / Evening Pictures from Last Tuesday

**This entry was posted April 22nd, 2014 and updated at 12:10AM 4/23/2014 - See below. **

Stormy skies over L'Enfant Promenade, Washington, D.C., last Tuesday afternoon as AP and I were walking to the DOE cafeteria for lunch, 1:18PM April 15, 2014. The cold front had blasted through and it was starting to rain.

*******

I had intended to post my Easter weekend pictures -- both in Baltimore on Saturday and in D.C. and Silver Spring on Sunday. However, I ran out of time tonight, partly because I need to be out of the apartment quite early (that's 9:30AM for me).

Rainy, chilly evening in the Enid Haupt Garden of the Smithsonian, Washington, D.C., 6:52PM April 15, 2014.

I walked home from work on Tuesday in the rain, stopping first at Elephant & Castle and then later at No. 9 and Dupont Italian Kitchen.

*******

This is because there is an ALLL day planned water outage this Tuesday in order to repair a fire hydrant in front of the building. So instead, I'm posting some earlier pictures from last week, in particular on stormy Tuesday when it rained and then snowed a bit, that I intended to post.

Rainy evening at Pennsylvania Ave. and 12th Street NW looking to the east-southeast, Washington, D.C., 7:04PM April 15, 2014.

I actually felt badly for the tourists I walked past -- little kids and their parents still in their shorts in the suddenly cold steady rain.

*******

In addition, my toilet -- the one replaced after this disaster / narrowly avoided catastrophe and following this weird follow-up occurrence -- is to be replaced with a tank top-mounted one.

Anyway, I want to be in bed by 1AM tonight.

Updated 12:10AM 4/23/2014: The toilet replacement has been postponed for the time being -- probably until my apartment can also be repainted. The building manager suggested this be done while I'm away for a few days, which means not until mid-to-late August during my planned annual summer Jersey shore (Wildwood / Wildwood Crest / Cape May) with Gary, Wendy, and LP.

End of update.

*******

Interior of Elephant & Castle at the far end of the front bar, Washington, D.C., 7:13PM April 15, 2014.

It was quite cozy in there -- not too crowded and I had beef-and-rice soup and toasted roll, hot tea, and white wine. All very civilized even with the low-key trivia game that was going between musical interludes.

*******

As for tomorrow night, I'll try to post at least the first half of the pictures (the Baltimore ones). However, I do need to go to the gym beforehand tomorrow night AND gain Wednesday night. Tonight, I didn't do anything except go to Larry's Lounge for about 90 minutes where I met Kristof (something I don't do much anymore).

Stormy gloomy dusk outside Elephant & Castle, Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, D.C., 7:58PM April 15, 2014.

*******

I took this picture the following night:

A young man helping an old lady walk along the 1400 block of P Street NW, Washington, D.C., 9:18PM April 16, 2014. He had helped her cross the street and was telling her about his boyfriend.

*******

OK, that's all for now. Oh, yes, read this Jonathan Chait piece: America's Most Powerful Conspiracy Theorists. Awesome piece. I wanted to post the whole thing, or at least excerpt it, but I've run out of time tonight.

--Regulus

No comments: