Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Snow and Cold of This Early March (Prequel)

A lady walking her dog in the 1900 block of New Hampshire Avenue after yesterday's snow, Washington, D.C., 5:48PM March 3, 2014.

*******

I didn't get a chance to update the blog last night with the final snowfall numbers. I will try to do so tonight. (Last night, I went to three places where I had a nice time at each. I'll relate that, too tonight.)

It looks like 3.8 inches fell at both National Airport (KDCA) and BWI Airport (KBWI) while Dulles Airport (KIAD) had 4.9 inches (a daily record). Other totals in the region were in the 3 to 6 inch range with higher amounts in parts of north central Virginia.

The even bigger story was the cold temperatures with all-time record lows for March being reached at both KIAD and KBWI including -1F and 4F, respectively, (not so, OF COURSE, at KDCA, where it got down to 14F this morning). Yesterday (just before midnight) also featured new daily lows at KIAD and KBWI. I'll post the numbers and some pictures yesterday evening later tonight after work.

I'm not feeling that well today. I actually had a migraine headache yesterday during the afternoon, though it was one of the non-aural ones so I didn't know it was starting until it was underway. Anyway, today is a regular work day, so let me get that started. I'm unsure if I'm going to do the gym tonight. I really need to do my laundry.

--Regulus

No comments: