Saturday, March 1, 2014

Jukebox Saturday Night Entry, March 1st, 2014: The "Take Five, Dreams, and Happy" Edition


"Take Five" by The Dave Brubeck Quartet from their album Time Out (1959).

It's kinda wonderful -- and the kind of music I'd like to hear in a jazz club late at night.

*******


"Dreams" by Fleetwood Mac from the group's Rumours album (1977).

The grainy footage is from some long-ago live concert. Of note, this particular song is one that remember from the late 1970s including on my summer 1977 trip to Belgium.

*******

And now for something really fun and wonderfully upbeat ...


"Happy" by Pharrell Williams from the Despicable Me 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (2013).

This is a terrific song and video that I really just discovered (the video was on at No. 9 last night, although I had heard the song a few times prior). Of course, I should also note that this song was released in November 2013 -- barely four months ago and easily making it the most recent song I've ever featured in my Jukebox Saturday Night series and the predecessor Friday Night Musical Interlude series. Most of the street scenes were taken in various places around Los Angeles.

*******

OK, that's all for now.

--Regulus

No comments: