Saturday, February 1, 2014

Jukebox Saturday Night Entry for Feb. 1st, 2014: The Beach in Winter & Everlasting Love Edition


"Venice Beach" by Peter White from his Caravan of Dreams CD (1996)

This is a nice piece, and the YouTube video includes pictures of, yes, Venice Beach in the Venice neighborhood of Los Angeles.

It seems to me West Coasters have a very different relationship with their seashore than East Coasters, but that's much too long a topic to go into here.

*******


"As Luck Would Have It" by Chris Standring on his Love and Paragraphs CD (2008)

*******

And for something more Saturday night upbeat ...


"Everlasting Love" by Ms. Miami Sound Machine herself, Gloria Estefan, from her Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me album (1994).

The song was originally done by Robert Knight in 1967 and remade a number of times over the years including by Estefan in a upbeat 1990s "hot dance" style.

*******

OK, that's all for now. Tonight I intend to do my usual three-step of Old Ebbitt Grill, No. 9, and Nellie's. Chris T, in town this weekend, blew me off, which kind of irritated me. I'm not sure what Gary is up to. I still intend to post the Buffalo and Niagara Falls trip pictures in the next few days (though it may not be tomorrow).

--Regulus

No comments: