Monday, January 27, 2014

Back from Buffalo, Niagara Falls, and the Polar (and Flushing) Vortex: A Quick and Preliminary Entry (UPDATED WITH A FEW PICS)

**OK, I way overpromised in what I could post tonight, especially given the number of images, so instead of having a second preliminary entry, I'm updating this one at 12:16AM 1/28/2014 with just a few pictures from the trip along with captions. **

Piles of snow outside the Funky Monkey Nite Club along Allen Street in the Allentown section of Buffalo, N.Y., on a bitterly cold and snowy night, 12:13AM January 26, 2014.

*******

I'm back home from my Buffalo / Niagara Falls trip with Gary in the depths of a very cold and snowy winter there. I'm back in the D.C. Bubble.

I intend to post a full entry later tonight with the pictures I took, or I may post two entries (part 1 and part 2), meaning the second one wouldn't be until later in the week.

It was a terrific trip and I fell in love with Buffalo, in particular the Allentown section. I could totally live there. As for Niagara Falls, it flippin' was awesome, albeit the weather was FRIGID and intermittently snowy.

Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls on a bitterly cold, snowy day, 1:47PM January 26, 2014. God, it was flippin' cold, but the falls were amazing to see.

*******

As a follow-up to my previous entry have a new cellphone, or rather, my first ever Smartphone. I purchased it in Buffalo, or rather, the Walden Galleria mall in Cheektowaga. I am still learning how to use it, and I'm having issues with the whole data usage and trying to limit that as much as possible. However, I was able to take lots of pictures and send them to myself -- pictures that are a lot higher resolution and quality than those taken by my various old flip-open cellphones over the years.


Yours truly all bundled up on a snowy, very cold afternoon, entering the Walden Galleria mall on the JC Penney side, Cheektowaga, N.Y., January 25, 2014.

*******

Also and as a MORE IMPORTANT follow-up to my previous entry, I also have a brand new toilet -- the old style, without the top-mounted tank -- in my apartment. It was awaiting my return in the bathroom. And it has a powerful BA-ROOSH! flush. I'll have to christen it later.

Again, I intend to post a full entry late tonight. Right now, though, I need to go to the gym.

Updated 12:16AM 1/28/2014: I fully intend to post a full blog entry about my Buffalo / Niagara Falls trip, but it may take a few days to compose.

--Regulus

No comments: